Re: [Chicken-users] lib/chicken/1

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] lib/chicken/1
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:33:58 +0200

On 7/6/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
The Chicken 3.15 tarball, when ./configured on Cygwin, creates a
directory lib/chicken/1 with nothing in it.  What is this for, and is
this behavior correct?  I'm guessing it's for eggs, and "1" strikes me
as a rather odd version number, but maybe that's what it's supposed to
be.  Anyways, tell me what's supposed to be happening so I can duplicate
it for CMake.

The "1" is a binary compatibility number. If changes to the runtime
system would mean binary incompatibility (provided I can guess that
it does), the number is increased. An alternative would be to generally
use the chicken version, but that would mean re-installation of all
eggs on every version change which may be annyoing, especially
when one always uses the latest development version.