Re: [Chicken-users] Why no PCRE for Windows?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Why no PCRE for Windows?
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 11:40:40 +0200

The newLISP executable for windows includes the PCRE engine
and is only 180,736 bytes in size.

Hm. PCRE is even BSD licensed, but I'm a bit reluctant to add third
party software to the distribution.

#;4> (string-search "foo.*bar" "foo\nbar")
#f
#;5> (string-search "foo.*bar" "foo-bar")
("foo-bar")

The dot doesn't match a newline.  Using either regular-expression
engine, how does one change that?

I can look into that next week, when I'm sitting in front of a linux
box again, ok? Generally it will mean using optional arguments for
the "regexp" function (for pcre, I dunno about pregexp, yet).