Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation, emedded platform

From: Dan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] cross compilation, emedded platform
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 17:29:50 -0700 (PDT)

You will not believe me, but this platform has no
files, no stdio, no network, just a UART, some LED's,
and one TDM port. So, yes, I want to build as little
as possible, because every file compiled yields
gazillions of errors that need to be addressed.

In the meanwhile, I've realized that minimally I just
need to build libchicken. C files produced by the host
"chicken" are more or less portable, but require
libchicken.

The only obstacle that remains is that libchicken uses
stat and other file manipulation functions.

And, by the way, CMake is too difficult for this task,
as is pretty much "make" at this point. You have no
ideea how painful libtool, autoconf and automake are
when cross-compiling. I'm having a hard enough time
separating things meant for the host from things meant
for the target. I need to put together a compile.sh
shell script.

-- Dan

--- "Brandon J. Van Every" <address@hidden>