Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual on galinha wiki now up to date

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken manual on galinha wiki now up to date
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:09:51 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> I have now completed the transition of the manual to the wiki at
> http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/. Some rough edges still exist (and
> everybody willing to help clean them up is welcome), but this
> instance of the manual will from now on be the one that is official.

Attempts to edit these pages tell me that the page does not exist and
that I am newly creating it, so something is wrong somewhere in the
guts of the wiki.  The same thing happens when I try to display the XML;
I get a vacuous document.

Anyhow, I was going to change
http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br/Data%20representation to say "the Unicode
code point of the character is encoded in bits 9 to 24" instead of
"the ASCII code of the character is encoded in bits 9 to 16".

In addition, the claim that bit 5 counting from 0 specifies the truth
value of a boolean is incorrect; the bits are counted from 1, just as
for characters.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
The whole of Gaul is quartered into three halves.