[Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csi binary

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csi binary
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:56:39 +0000

In the previous version of the Windows chicken binary, fold worked out of the box without any need to require any extensions. Now it doesn't.

(fold 0 + '(1 2 3 4 5))
#;1> Error: unbound variable: fold

        Call history:

        <eval>            (fold 0 + (quote (1 2 3 4 5)))  <--

And as others have reported, it has problems with loading any extensions.

(require-extension srfi-1)
#;1> Error: (load-library) unable to load library
srfi-1
"No such file or directory"

        Call history:

        <eval>            (load-library (quote srfi-1))   <--

(require-extension srfi-13)
#;1> Error: (load-library) unable to load library
srfi-13
"No such file or directory"

        Call history:

        <eval>            (load-library (quote srfi-13))  <--

And the srfis give a different error to missing libraries.

(require-extension blah)
#;1> Error: (require) can not load extension: blah

        Call history:

        <eval>            (##sys#require (quote blah))    <--

#;1>

If I run csi directly rather than through emacs/quack it gives a different message:
"No error" instead of "No such file or directory"

#;2> (require-extension srfi-1)
Error: (load-library) unable to load library
srfi-1
"No error"

       Call history:

       <eval>          (load-library (quote srfi-1))   <--

I was unable to confirm if this problem happens with csc as it doesn't look as though it can handle spaces in directory names.

C:\home\iano\dev>csc a.scm
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: C:/Program Files/Chicken/bin/chicken a.scm -output-file a.c -quiet

I'm guessing the srfi files haven't been built into csi so the next thing for me to look at must be the CMake input file (CMakeLists.txt?)

Ian