Re: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csi binary

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csi binary
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:38:44 +0000

Ian Oversby wrote:
In the previous version of the Windows chicken binary, fold worked out of the box without any need to require any extensions. Now it doesn't.

All officially released Windows binaries are built with makefile.vc, not CMake. The only officially released Windows binary available on the Chicken homepage is for Chicken 2.3. "csi -R srfi-1" works fine for that.

So when you say "now it doesn't," exactly what source tree version and build method are you referring to? Most recent pull from Darcs, using CMake to build? Or something else?

Yes, sorry, by "now it doesn't", I mean that the most recent pull from Darcs using CMake to build with MinGW and MSYS doesn't automatically include fold or have the ability to load any of the srfis. Could it be worth hacking chicken to output where it is looking for the files when requiring the extensions maybe?

The srfi-* units are part of libchicken and definitely built into csi. If it's a CMake-specific problem, then it's probably a quoting problem. BTW I find the current VC++ CMake build is completely broken, it won't build. I need to verify whether these problems are CMake-specific. Just as soon as I kick the CMake tarball capability out the door, in a matter of hours.

Okay, glancing at the make log, I can believe the srfis have been built in (pity it doesn't retain the commands executed for actual compilation)... and also looking at the CMake generated makefiles leads me to believe I won't find anything of help there :-/ Hmmm, what do you mean by "quoting problem", maybe I can look into that?

Ian