Re: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csibinary

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csibinary
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:32:52 +0000

All the Makefiles are in CMakeFiles/targetname.dir/build.make and so forth. You can always diagnose what's actually going on in a CMake generated build by poking around in there. Often I've compared results with the ./configure generated Makefile to deduce what's wrong. Also you can use "make VERBOSE=1"

Okay, this make VERBOSE=1 thing sounds good.  I'll try that next time.

and also looking at the CMake generated makefiles leads me to believe I won't find anything of help there :-/

Possibly you only looked at the toplevel Makefile. The meat is down in the build.make files.

No, I found the build.make files too. It is my [current] lack of understanding that is preventing me finding the help rather than the fact the information isn't there :)

[snip description of quoting problem]

For all I know, there might be nothing wrong with my quoting, and the real issue may be lack of pathname-with-spaces support. Yes, Windows does take pathnames in double quotes. Now try quoting and escaping the quotes to get 'em through the C preprocessor, or through Chicken.

Getting chicken to output the path where it is looking for the library might differentiate between a quoting problem and a lack of pathname-with-spaces support though right?

Ian