[Chicken-users] Re: eggdoc-texinfo

From: Zbigniew
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: eggdoc-texinfo
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:06:55 -0500

I'm wondering if, in the future, it makes sense to include .texi files
in the eggs.  I find it very convenient to have access to egg .info
files from within emacs, and for those who don't use Info, the "man"
extension can parse .texi and make documentation available in the
interpreter.

To generate the tarball of .texi .info and .pdf files, I just searched
for all the eggdoc source in the SVN repository, loaded a little shim
which overrides eggdoc->html to eggdoc->texinfo (and so on),
generated the .texi and then converted that to .info and .pdf.
Clearly this will quickly get out of date, and requires a central
authority to maintain the package.  Also, that person would have to
fix eggdocs incompatible with eggdoc-texinfo.

I'm not yet sure how to keep the burden on egg maintainers low, nor
whether processed .info should be provided or just .texi.  But if
there is any interest, I will look into it.