Re: [Chicken-users] pathname tests

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pathname tests
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:27:44 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
felix winkelmann wrote:
On 7/18/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

Are there any tests or invocations of stuff that are particularly likely
to require correct pathnames for
  INSTALL_HOME
  INSTALL_BIN_HOME
  INSTALL_INCLUDE_HOME
  INSTALL_LIB_HOME

These should be defined as strings, with quotes and backslashes escaped through
backslashes - I think that is enough.

Ok, I'll make 'em that way, but are there any TESTS or INVOCATIONS for this? Stuff I can run and say, "Ah, ok, everything is definitely working."

Another issue is if quotes are escaped, whether whitespace should be escaped. Because I'm thinking the quotes will no longer protect the whitespace? I've currently got paths like:

#ifndef C_INSTALL_INCLUDE_HOME
# define C_INSTALL_INCLUDE_HOME \"E:\\Program Files\\Chicken\\include\"
#endif

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every