Re: [Chicken-users] pathname tests

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pathname tests
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 03:22:30 -0700

I have pushed the unescaped quotes CMake build to Darcs. Things build now; that's positive. Some of the tests below work, and others don't.

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 7/19/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

If you wanted to know for sure that the paths were working, what would
you run?

You don't need to do a lot of things. Here are a few examples:

- r4rstest (in darcs):

 cd tests
 <path-to-build-csi> -inbq r4rstest.scm
 (this should only complain about floating-point printing)

- Dynamic loading test:

 csi -R srfi-1 -e '(print fold)'               ; "builtin" unit

 (just check whether a procedure is avaialable)

These are working.

- Compilation and dynamic loading:

 ;;; x.scm
 (print 123)

 csc -s x.scm
 csi -nbq x                   (should load x.[so|dll])

This fails under both a MSYS shell and a Windows command prompt. The following is from the command prompt attempt. I have no idea how the substring "Chickein" is obtained, as I haven't misspelled anything.

E:\Program Files\Chicken\bin>csc -s E:\devel\x.scm
'E:Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: "E:Program FilesChickein/chicke n" E:\devel\x.scm -output-file E:\devel\x.c -dynamic -feature chicken-compile-sh
ared -quiet

Looking at my csc.scm, the directory backslashes are not escaped. Also there are forward slashes where directories were tacked on. I'm going to guess that both of these things are bad.

- Extension test:

 rm x.so       / del x.dll
 chicken-setup x         ; the file above
 csi -R x

If dynamic loading works, one usually has most things covered.

Can't run this because of the above.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every