Re: [Chicken-users] 64-bit problems?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 64-bit problems?
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:19:34 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> At least on amd64 (linux, netbsd) and sparc64 (openbsd) the "maze"
> benchmark seems to hang with chicken 2.41.

For me (amd64 with SuSE) it doesn't hang but crashes, thus:

maze
out of memory - heap full - execution terminated

Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"./tmpfile >tmpfile.out"
1

        Call history:

        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 92   display-l
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 29   min
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 29   substring
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 29   display
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 30   max
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 30   make-string
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 30   display
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 93   flush-output
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 94   compile-and-run
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 46   system*
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 49   software-version
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 51   test-feature?
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 47   system*
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 52   call-with-current-continuation
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 55   run
        benchmarks/cscbench.scm: 16   system*                   <--
make: *** [bench] Error 70

--
With techies, I've generally found              John Cowan
If your arguments lose the first round          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan