Re: [Chicken-users] where do the friggin' libraries go on Unix?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] where do the friggin' libraries go on Unix?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 22:39:48 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> Once upon a time, Felix looked at the CMake build and pronounced that
> libraries go in whatever_prefix/lib.  But perhaps that's wrong, and they
> should go in whatever_prefix/share/chicken?  All you wonderful Unixen
> debate this.  I really don't care, and it is trivial to change.  I note
> that the .exports all go in whatever_prefix/share/chicken, and that the
> Chicken 2.41 ./configure tarball under Cygwin installs the libraries in
> whatever_prefix/lib.

Libchicken and libuchicken and their static variants indeed go in
$PREFIX/lib.  Eggs go in $PREFIX/lib/chicken/1, just as on Cygwin.
Not only .exports but also .scm files containing macros go in
$PREFIX/share/chicken, as you point out.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Nobody expects the RESTifarian Inquisition!  Our chief weapon is