[Chicken-users] CMake tarballs

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] CMake tarballs
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:20:17 -0700

Since CMake is capable of generating its own tarballs, I'd like to put one up on the Chicken webpage. It is important for people to start trying the build. I believe it is now either beta quality or close to it.

Come the next release of Chicken, it doesn't make much sense to distribute the CMake stuff together with the ./configure stuff. They each do the tarball in a different way, and I'm not going to try to make them do it the same way. So that means that during a long transition period, we'd have 2 different tarball distributions, until people become confident in the CMake build.

The CMake tarball should have a name that's different from the ./configure tarball. Perhaps something like chicken-2.41c.tar.gz with the "c" standing for CMake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every