Re: [Chicken-users] CMake tarballs

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake tarballs
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 00:32:18 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

The CMake tarball should have a name that's different from the
./configure tarball.  Perhaps something like chicken-2.41c.tar.gz with
the "c" standing for CMake.

That looks like version 2.41c, which is not good.  chicken-cmake-2.41.tar.gz
will fly better with various automated archiving tools that know that the
final "*.tar.gz" is the version number and format.

What tools are these?  Do they handle forks or variants?  If they only handle one true version, that's not very useful.

I'm not keen on naming the build in a way that looks "unofficial" or "special" or "different."  As in, "what the hell is this -cmake- thing??"  I want people to just use the build.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every