Re: [Chicken-users] CMake: -lsocket missing on System V

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake: -lsocket missing on System V
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:04:21 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
The Solaris (System V) libc doesn't include the socket calls,
so -lsocket must be specified in order to build chicken properly.

I've pushed a patch for this, but you'll need to test if it works.  I added:

# Solaris doesn't have socket calls in its libc
IF(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME STREQUAL "SunOS")
 SET(EXTRA_LIBS ${EXTRA_LIBS} socket)
ENDIF(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME STREQUAL "SunOS")

There doesn't appear to be a Solaris identifier per se, just SunOS. Hopefully this doesn't cause any problems for other versions of SunOS.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every