Re: [Chicken-users] CMake tarballs

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake tarballs
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:17:19 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> There were times when I thought Windows is a homogenous platform -
> Boy, was I wrong: MSVC, MinGW, Cygwin, ... It's a mess, built around
> an operating system that isn't exactly broken, but doesn't give any
> decent support for development either.

To be fair, I think Windows gives good support for development if you
use Microsoft tools and deploy only on Windows.  It's not in Microsoft's
business interests to make cross-platform development straightforward,
with the exception of getting server-side stuff converted from Unix
to Windows.

> But perhaps it's just a personal problem of mine: Shellcode makes me
> want to close my eyes and think of something differently.

"Lie back and think of England" is the usual advice in these situations.
(I don't know whether "England" here is about nostalgia or patriotism.)

--
What has four pairs of pants, lives             John Cowan
in Philadelphia, and it never rains             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan