Re: [Chicken-users] s11n among different chicken versions

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] s11n among different chicken versions
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:58:55 +0900

So, this actually is a correct way of using fallback, isn't it?
OK, I'll look for my real problem.
About the safety, don't worry too much, since this is just
a temporal solution, and
I already confirmed with chicken-dump that procedures in my file are
only equal? and hash.

Daishi

On 8/1/06, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 8/1/06, Daishi Kato <address@hidden> wrote:
> Looks like the s11n egg is updated. So I tried, only to see I'm
> missing something.
>
> Here is my fallback func:
>
> (define (deserialize-fallback id)
>   (cond ((string=? id "f_3497library.scm") ; chicken-2.315
>          equal?)
>         ((string=? id "f_6914extras.scm") ; chicken-2.315
>          hash)
>         (else
>          (error "deserialize-fallback unknown id" id))))
>
> What is missing?

I haven't seen your error-message yet.
(But note that this is likely to fail, since the ID will probably be re-used
and now name different procedures. This approach is not safe).

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp