Re: [Chicken-users] chicken crashes when trying to install srfi-19

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken crashes when trying to install srfi-19
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:12:03 -0700

Ian Oversby wrote:
From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <address@hidden>

Can this problem be reproduced in a ./configure build? Say, on Cygwin. I think the CMake MinGW build works, but it hasn't been tested much yet. I'd regard it as pre-beta quality.

- CMake Cygwin has a known problem with the cygchicken-0.dll nomenclature
- CMake MinGW should work
- CMake VC++ may work.  Haven't tried it lately.

I'm thinking of installing Cygwin myself soon (for something unrelated to chicken) so I could try to see if I can reproduce the srfi-19 problem at that point. Ultimately, CMake / MinGW will be my preferred build platform as I'm hoping to make proper Win32 binaries with chicken.

My primary development environment is MinGW / MSYS. The suggstion is just to determine if the problem exists on all chickens or just CMake chickens.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every