[Chicken-users] sxml-match question

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: [Chicken-users] sxml-match question
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:38:53 +0000

Thanks to Reed Sheridan, Kon Lovett and Felix Winkelmann for pointing me in the necessary direction in order to use sxml-match. Now I have a question about how it works. Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask.

Why does the first of these match but the second one doesn't?

(sxml-match '(1 (2 3) 4 5)
           ((list ,x1 . ,x2) x2)
           (,otherwise #f))

((2 3) 4 5)

(sxml-match '(a (2 3) 4 5)
           ((list ,x1 . ,x2) x2)
           (,otherwise #f))

#f

I'm trying to match something a little similar to what is contained at the following page but I'm not sure how to translate the pattern (item ...)

http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/WebExtractingAllLinksFromPage

Ian