[Chicken-users] Re: Chicken-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 12

From: Reed Sheridan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: Chicken-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 12
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:25:30 -0500

From: "Ian Oversby" <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] sxml-match question

Thanks to Reed Sheridan, Kon Lovett and Felix Winkelmann for pointing me in
the necessary direction in order to use sxml-match.  Now I have a question
about how it works.  Sorry if this is not the correct place to ask.

Why does the first of these match but the second one doesn't?

(sxml-match '(1 (2 3) 4 5)
            ((list ,x1 . ,x2) x2)
            (,otherwise #f))

>((2 3) 4 5)

(sxml-match '(a (2 3) 4 5)
            ((list ,x1 . ,x2) x2)
            (,otherwise #f))

>#f

Since nobody answered, probably nobody here knows.  I ported Jim
Bender's sxml-match to Chicken, but I didn't end up using it very much
and am hardly an expert in how it works.  You might want to ask Jim
Bender, or the WebIt! mailing list.  It could also be a bug in the
Chicken port, or in some underlying Chicken procedure, although I did
make sure that it passed all of Bender's tests, and the changes I made
were so slight that I don't think they should matter.  But checking
against the canonical PLT version may be a good idea.

Bender's sxml-match page is here:
http://celtic.benderweb.net/sxml-match/

Reed Sheridan