Re: [Chicken-users] Re: build test farm

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: build test farm
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:10:24 +0200

On 8/11/06, address@hidden
<address@hidden> wrote:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:03:23 +0200 (CEST), Sven.Hartrumpf wrote:

> Coming back to 64 bit: the maze benchmark eats up all the memory it can get
> and then stops:
>
> "out of memory - heap full - execution terminated"

A patch which was added during the last days fixed this problem.
(I think the one talking about overflow of bit operations.)

Indeed. Currently we limit the result of "bitwise-..." ops to 32-bit
on 64-bit platforms. This may not be an optimal solution, and Zbigniew
proposed to extend this at least to as many bits as can be converted without
overflow to an integer.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp