Re: [Chicken-users] CMake chicken-setup fails on MinGW and MSVC

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake chicken-setup fails on MinGW and MSVC
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 22:51:58 -0700

Graham Fawcett wrote:
On 8/10/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
felix winkelmann wrote:
> If you run "chicken-setup -v opengl", do you get any more
> informative output?

E:\devel\msys>chicken-setup -v opengl

The extension opengl does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes]
downloading catalog ...
downloading catalog from www.call-with-current-continuation.org ...
GET /eggs\repository HTTP/1.0

There's your culprit -- the back-slash after eggs: it should be
/eggs/repository.

The Chicken 2.41 tarball built on VS71 with nmake -f makefile.vc fails in the same way. This is not a CMake-specific problem. Rather, it's either a general problem with eggs on MSVC, which are making an inappropriate use of a Windows style pathname. My suspicion falls on _make-pathname in utils.scm, but if there's a platform-specific behavior, it's not clear to me. I need to start learning about better tools for perusing Scheme code than just visual inspection. The Scheme equivalent of a VC++ class browser, really. Suggestions welcome, although I suppose I'll RTFM about Quack.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every