Re: [Chicken-users] Using multithreaded foreign library

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Using multithreaded foreign library
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:37:42 -0700

Tomi Neste wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to use the PTK library(http://www.phelios.com/ptk/) with chicken-2.41 on Win32/msvc. Things work fine when compiling to binary with csc, but if I try to use the repl(either with (repl) or loading the lib dynamically to csi) everything hangs up as soon as I open a window with PTK. That's when compiling the lib multithreaded as it's supposed. Everything, including the repl seem to work fine if I leave out the /mt when compiling the bindings. I guess the problem could be in the PTK side but just in case, is it possible to link a multithreaded library with chicken and does anyone have any idea why things work fine as long as I don't use repl?

BTW your post is dated 12/31/1999 !  Might be beneath some people's radars.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every