Re: [Chicken-users] SLIB support for Chicken?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SLIB support for Chicken?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:45:09 -0700

Sean D wrote:
I notice from the SLIB homepage ( http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB ) that Chicken is NOT mentioned as one of the flavours of Scheme supported by SLIB.

I understand that Chicken has some kind of support for SLIB in interpreted mode.

>From where do you get this impression?  I find no mention of Chicken in the SLIB sources.  There are no eggs containing SLIB.  Googling on "Chicken SLIB" yields a post by Felix talking about conflicts between SLIB and SRFI-33.
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-60/mail-archive/msg00002.html

- Is this still the case?
- What is the current status on this?

If nothing else it would be nice to see the Chicken name at SLIB as it helps to create the impression that Chicken is alive and active (which it is!)

Or perhaps it would be better for more Schemes to use SRFI-33 ?  I have no idea.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every