Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:16:22 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
The CMake build works fine for most purposes, but attempting to build
the numbers egg produces a broken numbers-base.c file: there is a bare
"!" on line 12, and then there are a zillion more errors.
It's probable that the autotools build would have this problem
if I could get that far.

What problem are you having with the autotools build? I just rebuilt from scratch on my box using Cygwin, and it works fine.
I do:

 ./autogen.sh
 ./configure
 make BOOTSTRAP_PATH=/usr/local/bin
 make install

I did have a problem where the build hung for unknown reasons, just froze. But I rebooted and the problem went away, so I don't know what that was. I'm guessing some kind of resource deprivation from various things running on my box.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every