Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:14:47 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
John Cowan wrote:

$ csc -s x.scm
sh: NONE/bin/chicken: No such file or directory
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 127: NONE/bin/chicken x.scm -output-file x.c -dynamic -feature chicken-compile-shared -quiet

I believe this is a product of GNU bastardism.  I'll wager that you didn't use a --prefix when configuring your build.  Not that you should have been required to... but these GNU guys are bastards, they won't expand installation prefixes at configure time.  They do all sorts of obstreperous stuff to try to force me to do it at make time.  Well, they're not gonna win!

Looks like the are gonna win.  Man those guys are bastards.  Previously I thought I had a way to get the $prefix and $exec_prefix values, but it looks like their behavior within ./configure is undefined.  Or else the values were somehow cached and I was misled.  Anyways, grumbling and moaning, I'm going back to the previous method, defeating some of my work the past couple of days.  I'll change the CMake behavior to match the Autoconf behavior, grr!  In my mind, Autoconf is now marked for death.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every