Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:33:11 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> I believe this is a product of GNU bastardism.  I'll wager that you
> didn't use a --prefix when configuring your build.  Not that you should
> have been required to... but these GNU guys are bastards, they won't
> expand installation prefixes at configure time.  They do all sorts of
> obstreperous stuff to try to force me to do it at make time.  Well,
> they're not gonna win!  Anyways, please send the exact ./configure
> command you're using, lest I miss another case use.

I have always built with a simple "./configure".  Now I get a useful
build with "./configure --prefix=/usr/local".

> >So much for the autotools build.  The cmake build works fine,
> >except that it still cannot build the numbers egg.  Here
> >is the complete error dump:
>
> I'm not convinced it's CMake's fault.

Not as such, no; it doesn't matter which build you use.  However, some
change between 2.41 and HEAD has made it impossible to correctly compile
numbers-base.scm; the output is subtly wrong.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     address@hidden