Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 06:30:28 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

I believe this is a product of GNU bastardism.

Looks like the are gonna win.  Man those guys are bastards.

I believe I've understood what those bastards want out of me.
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Sources.html#Sources
GNU Coding Standards say one must not configure the pathnames, one must Make.
Automake is incapable of handling such a dependency in a safe way.  Great toolchain!
So, I've implemented the recommended "good enough" way.  It's in Darcs.

Try, and cry.  For joy or sorrow.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every