Re: [Chicken-users] CMake chicken-setup fails on MinGW and MSVC

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake chicken-setup fails on MinGW and MSVC
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:27:42 +0200

On 8/12/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

The Chicken 2.41 tarball built on VS71 with nmake -f makefile.vc fails
in the same way.  This is not a CMake-specific problem.  Rather, it's
either a general problem with eggs on MSVC, which are making an
inappropriate use of a Windows style pathname.  My suspicion falls on
_make-pathname in utils.scm, but if there's a platform-specific
behavior, it's not clear to me.  I need to start learning about better
tools for perusing Scheme code than just visual inspection.  The Scheme
equivalent of a VC++ class browser, really.  Suggestions welcome,
although I suppose I'll RTFM about Quack.

Indeed, this is a bug in chicken-setup. Fix is forthcoming with the
next push, probably a few hours.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp