[Chicken-users] How easy is it to use Chicken in Windows XP

From: Sean D
Subject: [Chicken-users] How easy is it to use Chicken in Windows XP
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:10:28 +0100

After struggling horribly, trying (and failing) to get ECL running in Windows I am really looking for a better experience.

I tend to use "pure" Windows XP and free C/C++ tools so either GNU gcc is fine or MS Visual C++ 2005. Note that I don't have access to MSVC the commercial version. Is it possible to install and build a good working version of Chicken on Windows XP:

1. At all.
2. Yes if you are a MAKE, Linux, Windows and C++ expert and have the patience of Job
3. Yes, but only under Cygwin etc. (of which I know very little except they can be a pain to use/maintain as well)
4. Yes but only with the commercial MSVC or very specific versions of certain software.
5. Yes but with some combination I haven't mentioned or thought of.
6. YES Easily!!
7. YES - I can download latest virus-free executable version for Windows from .... (please supply URL)

Please let me know in detail how I go about this as I am not an expert in any of the above 1-5.

(prays for 6 or 7 .......)