Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken compiled for familiar+ipaq available.

From: Matthew Welland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken compiled for familiar+ipaq available.
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:18:22 -0700

On Sunday 27 August 2006 23:34, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> > We are currently heavily simplifying the build-system and I hope
> > to be able to massage the makefiles enough to generate a proper
> > "cross"-chicken (i.e. where chicken-setup + csc generate target binaries).
> > Will need some time, though.

This would be really good. I have basically given up for now because getting
the eggs to build under openembedded seems like essentially a re-write of
each egg. If you have anything you want to test in the openembedded
cross-compiling environment let me know.

Another possibility would be a dump mode that dumps out a GNU configure ready
environment. I have seen the autoconf ready howto in the wiki - if that was
extended to include eggs then that should accommodate targeting handhelds and
other difficult platforms.