[Chicken-users] distributing configure.in and Makefile.am

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] distributing configure.in and Makefile.am
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 15:13:54 -0700

Am I correct in thinking that configure.in and Makefile.am do not need to be distributed in a tarball? What an enduser actually needs is configure and Makefile.in. I'm thinking if the user needs to run the Autotools again for some reason, then he should be downloading a full source tree from Darcs. Please inform if I've misunderstood Autoconf's expected mode of operation.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every