Re: [Chicken-users] Cleaning up floating-point-specific operators

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cleaning up floating-point-specific operators
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:48:01 +0200

On 8/31/06, Will M Farr <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

Due to the discussion of floating-point performance on this list
initiated by Carlos Pita, I've been writing some toy benchmarks which
use the fp+, fp-, etc operators.  The situation with these operators
is a *mess*:

I have added your patch. Thanks for clearing this up.
I modified your changes to throw a type-error instead of an
arithmetic error if non-flonum arguments are passed to
fpXXX operations. Also, "flonum?" is detected by the compiler
and rewritten to a ##core#inline form (with extended bindings
enabled).

I would be grateful if you could document these changes in
the wiki.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp