[Chicken-users] Patch for unsafe structure getters and setters

From: Will M Farr
Subject: [Chicken-users] Patch for unsafe structure getters and setters
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:40:31 -0400

Hello all,

So, I was wrong about the unsafe vector-ref in Chicken---it doesn't check indices or types. But, structure getters and setters do check types even in unsafe mode. The attached patch against the current darcs repository (i.e. darcs patch, not diff patch) implements type- checks for struct getters and setters using (ensure ...), so they will compile into nothing in unsafe mode. Kon tells me that the misc- extn egg already has such a define-record-type macro, so maybe there's a reason this isn't already in the main distribution---if so, just ignore it :).

Sorry for all the confusion.

Will