Re: [Chicken-users] Darcs on Cygwin

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Darcs on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:47:51 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:
> John, how are you doing Darcs on Cygwin? Or are you?  There is no Darcs
> binary available anywhere, and the Darcs webpage describes setup on
> Cygwin as problematic in practice, due to the need to obtain a working
> GHC.

That is why there is no *native* Darcs on Cygwin (because there is no
GHC compiler that targets Cygwin).  However, there is a script that
provides Cygwin users with access to the native Windows build of darcs.

You put the darcs shell script on your path, and then put the Windows
Darcs binaries later on your path, so that the script is found first.
There are special copies of putty and plink so that you can do
darcs via ssh.

Everything works fine.  That said, I have only used "darcs get"
and "darcs pull".

--
One Word to write them all,             John Cowan <address@hidden>
  One Access to find them,              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan