Re: [Chicken-users] development snapshot available (2.429)

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] development snapshot available (2.429)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:39:24 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Hrm, I've downloaded your chicken-2.429.tar.gz and reproduced your CMake problem with autogen.sh on MinGW / MSYS. So it's not a Linux bug, I've done something wrong. Looks like I've been testing so much to make sure that Autoconf is working, that I forgot to do the same for CMake! Too many build systems....

I decided autogen.sh should be shipped with the tarball, thereby sidestepping any dependency issues. Philosophy: a tarball distro should be able to produce a tarball distro. I mean, why shouldn't it? Why should going through a bunch of Darcs rigamarole be necessary to obtain the keys to the kingdom? The only barriers are distributing autogen.sh and ChangeLog. I've pushed the autogen.sh fix to Darcs. I'm going to rewrite the ChangeLog and Darcs stuff so that it uses the extant ChangeLog if Darcs isn't available. This will also have another sidestepping benefit, keeping Darcs from crapping on the ccmake configuration screen.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every