Re: [Chicken-users] sha1 unusable in Chicken 2.3?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] sha1 unusable in Chicken 2.3?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:01:20 -0700

Peter Busser wrote:
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 03:41:39PM -0700, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Maybe people should get serious about nightly build and test suites,
instead of expecting this kind of support stuff to magically appear from
the few developers working on things.  Really, seriously, the answers to
greater Chicken robustness lie in the energy of the community, not in
Felix.  Someone show me that they care enough to implement industrial
strength testing.  I will certainly facilitate any build requirements,
especially Kitware's offers regarding the Dart Dashboard, but I will not
take the lead.

Also have a look at http://aegis.sourceforge.net/.

Indeed, anyone who actually wants to shoulder real work, is freely entitled to support the system that will make their life easiest.  Bear in mind, however, that if you don't already have a firm favorite, you have "matching offers" from Kitware and myself to implement a Dart Dashboard.

http://public.kitware.com/Dart/HTML/Index.shtml
Here for instance is a dashboard for KDE, which moved to a CMake build system this year.
http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=kde

Matching contributions, especially Kitware's, need to be considered as part of your evaluation.  I will offer build support no matter what anyone does, but I can do a lot more if you pick Dart, because it seamlessly integrates with CMake.  I consider it a no-brainer if you don't already have expertise with a test system and your own big ideas about how everything should be done.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every