Re: [Chicken-users] understanding the CMake build

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] understanding the CMake build
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:08:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

[...] Why do you have include and library search paths at all? Chicken knows where to find its *.h and library files; it's all compiled into chicken-defaults.h.

Because there is no way *not* to have at least the default search paths of the C compiler enabled, unless one uses a customized GCC buid. And because there is also no way *not* to have at least the default search paths of the dynamic linker enabled unless one also uses a custom build of that tool.

Other than these default paths, no additional ones are set up on my system.

[...] If you had stuff lying around in your source tree from an old Autoconf build, that could be the culprit.

I made a fresh copy of my darcs tree using darcs get to use it as the source tree for the CMake build.

[...] For this kind of issue, you'd need to write a trivial CMakeLists.txt that reproduces the problem, then get on the CMake mailing list and report the bug.

I'll do that if it actually annoys me and if I have too much time for constructing a minimal example of the problem. csc -static ... works perfectly as it should even though I removed chicken-static and csi-static. And I can live with a build producing strange executables which I just throw away.

cu,
Thomas