[Chicken-users] binary data

From: john
Subject: [Chicken-users] binary data
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:46:38 +0100

Hi!

Is there an efficient way to retrieve some binary data from C into
Chicken so that I could then read and write the data over a network
using Chicken rather than using the FFI? The data I have allocated in
C may contain nulls so I am not able to bring it over as a c-string. I
have noticed the move-memory! command and wonder if this would do the
trick if I moved the data to a byte-vector, or am I barking up the
wrong tree and better off sticking with the FFI? Also, what is
difference between primitive byte-vectors and SRFI-4 byte vectors?

TIA,

John.