Re: [Chicken-users] Default buffering for output ports

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Default buffering for output ports
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 13:24:43 +0000

> Chicken does no buffering by itself, it just uses stdio routines,.
> These in turn call fputc() when writing characters or fputs() when
> writing strings. Everything else is handled on the C side.

Ahh, you're right, as usual.  I assumed some buffering was going on
since I ran my tests in csi, which, —I now notice—, seems to flush the
output right after the evaluation of a top-level expression (eg.
"(write-char #\a) (sleep 20)" and the same expression wrapped in a
"(begin ...)" form expose a different behaviour).

Thanks for the explanation.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/