Re: [Chicken-users] Custom repository (for chicken .so files)

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Custom repository (for chicken .so files)
Date: 15 Sep 2006 10:53:25 -0300

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:46:09 +0200 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9/15/06, Sridhar Ratna <address@hidden> wrote:
> > hi!
> >
> > It seems like there isn't an obvious way to override the .so files for
> > chicken eggs repository.
> >
> > I would like to install 'eggs' using chicken-setup, but copy the .so files
> > to a custom directory in my $HOME (as I don't have root access in my
> > webhost).
> >
> > Is there a way to override the respository?
>
> You can just set the CHICKEN_REPOSITORY environment variable - it
> should contain the path where you want eggs to be installed.

As far as I could see from chicken-setup.scm, doing

  $ chicken-setup -repository path/to/alternative/repo egg

also works, although chicken-setup -h says -repository only prints the
location of the repository.  Can -repository be safely used as an
alternative to setting CHICKEN_REPOSITORY?

Best wishes,
Mario