Re: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:15:41 -0700

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

Quoting bugs are alive and well on the MSYS shell. I generated the following on the MinGW / MSYS build using the new "make install-opengl-egg" target. I haven't tested MSVC or Cygwin yet.

Warning: despite my attempts to bulletproof, the install-opengl-egg target doesn't work at all on MSVC, and reports success when it should report failure on both MSVC and MinGW. I've filed a bug report with Kitware. You are better off testing chicken-setup manually until I have a resolution for this.

Earlier this evening I also found a way to crash CMakeSetup, trying to make stuff depend on the "install" target. It seems that post-installation testing is CMake's bleeding edge.

I'm making it a policy from now on to extensively comment CMakeLists.txt in a tutorial fashion. So, my knowledge of "what you really need to do with CMake" is being slowly reposited. I got inspired today after someone on the CMake list said my Chicken build files were actually useful for understanding his own newbie problems. He was trying to build assembly code with custom rules, and that's nearly the same drill as building Scheme code.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every