Re: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] status of the cmake build on win32
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:24:32 +0200

On 9/18/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

Warning: despite my attempts to bulletproof, the install-opengl-egg
target doesn't work at all on MSVC, and reports success when it should
report failure on both MSVC and MinGW.  I've filed a bug report with
Kitware.  You are better off testing chicken-setup manually until I have
a resolution for this.

Ok.

I'm making it a policy from now on to extensively comment CMakeLists.txt
in a tutorial fashion.  So, my knowledge of "what you really need to do
with CMake" is being slowly reposited.  I got inspired today after
someone on the CMake list said my Chicken build files were actually
useful for understanding his own newbie problems.  He was trying to
build assembly code with custom rules, and that's nearly the same drill
as building Scheme code.

That would be very good, indeed. After adding a "bench" target to CMakeLists.txt
(which isn't complete, as it needs changes in cscbench.scm) I didn't find the
syntax too hard, even it is quite verbose. But one has to dig through the code
and find examples for common usage patterns.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp