Re: Re: [Chicken-users] csi running inside emacs and srfi-18

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] csi running inside emacs and srfi-18
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 23:26:37 +0200

On 9/18/06, Zbigniew <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ian,

The code works as expected on my system and the value returned by
tty-port? is #t.

Can you try starting csi using the -:c option?  Although I stopped
using this option some time ago, I seem to remember it fixed some REPL
problems for me at one point.

My system:
Version 2, Build 41 - macosx-unix-gnu-ppc - [ libffi dload ptables applyhook ]
GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.3.0) of 2005-12-04 on mini.local

This is a Windows-specific problem - isatty() returns #f on Windows inside
emacs. I assume select() (which is AFAIK not particularly efective on non-socket
fd's under Windows) is the problem, since either -:c or
##sys#tty-port? -> #t should
block the thread waiting for input on fd 0 (and thus letting other threads run).

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp