Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.5 available

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.5 available
Date: 04 Oct 2006 14:50:35 -0300

Hello,

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:34:29 +0200 "felix winkelmann" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please give it a try.

I could successfully build (using the configure script) and run the
benchmarks on the following platforms (all of them running GNU/Linux):

 - x86_64
 - x86
 - PPC

PS: I had to manually compile and copy cscbench to the benchmarks
directory to be able to it run.

> This release contains mostly bugfixes and can now be built using
> CMake (using CMake is the recommended build method for Windows. I
> had problems building with CMake on Linux, but the newest CVS
> version seems to work ok).

No luck with cmake under Linux either (haven't tried the darcs version
yet).

A small note about the CMake build instructions at the
INSTALL-CMake.txt file: the GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS SUMMARY section tells
me to

  - run CMakeSetup on Windows, or run CCMake on Unix, Cygwin, and
    MacOS

In fact, on the systems I've tried (Ubuntu Linux), the CCMake program
is called ccmake (all lowercase).

Best wishes,
Mario