[Chicken-users] SWIG and 2.5rc1

From: John Lenz
Subject: [Chicken-users] SWIG and 2.5rc1
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:50:05 -0500

I tried running the 2.5rc1 against the latest SWIG code (which we are
about to make a rc release too... good test of them both).  Problem is,
when you use the -proxy argument to SWIG it exports

(declare (uses tinyclos))

into the generated .scm file.  This won't work anymore unless -uses
tinyclos is passed on the command line, and I am not sure how it will
work if you try with csi.

So I was wondering if it should be changed to (require-extension)?
Problem is, it needs to be backwards compatible.  Will require-extension
work on old versions of chicken?..  maybe just (require)? Or should I
change SWIG to export some code to test the chicken version?

John