Re: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling Chicken on OS X/Intel

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling Chicken on OS X/Intel
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:02:57 -0500

You probably need something like
./configure LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib"

(there's probably a better way to do this, similar to CPATH).

Note that you don't need Chicken compiled with libffi to use ffi with
the objc egg.  If it is, the flags you passed may be visible to
chicken-config, and the objc egg will pick up ffi automatically.  If
it is not compiled with libffi, you can probably install the objc egg
via:

chicken-setup -csc-option "-I /opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib" objc

Note that I haven't tested this last one.  However, I have installed
sqlite3 in ~/local before, and the sqlite3 egg finds the library if
chicken was compiled with CFLAGS="-I~/local/include -L~/local/lib".
So some variation of the above should work.