Re: [Chicken-users] Compiler inlining

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiler inlining
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:41:21 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> Like in the numbers egg, certain standard procedures are usually
> inlined. "cdr" is among these. To disable that, do a
>
> (declare (not standard-bindings cdr))

I understand that part now.  I'm really more interested in getting
the compiler to inline my modified definition:

(define basic-cdr cdr)
(define (cdr x)
     (cond
           (null? x) x)
           (pair? x) (basic-cdr x))
           (symbol? x) (val (##sys#slot sym 2)))))

and similarly for "car" except without the symbol support.

--
Babies are born as a result of the              John Cowan
mating between men and women, and most          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan