Re: [Chicken-users] bug using syntax-case in load'ed files

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bug using syntax-case in load'ed files
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:18:12 -0400

> felix winkelmann scripsit:
>
> > Sorry, I have no quick-and-easy fix for this.
>
> Well, the q&e fix seems to be to load syntax-case before srfi-40.
> Which is equivalent to using -R syntax-case.

Fixing real code affected by a certain bug tends to be far more
difficult than fixing a specific examples that illustrates it.

In this case, like I said in my original mail, my require-extension
expresions are scattered across multiple files that get loaded at
run-time in an unpredictable order and just some of them require
syntax-case.  Why, even if the ones that require syntax case load it
before all other extensions, things will very likely still break, is
left as an exercise to the reader.

In this case, the fix seems to be using (eval '(require-extension
syntax-case)) from the program that loads the source files, which is
ugly (since, for all the program knows, in the end it could well be
that none of the loaded programs really requires syntax-case.

Which is why I was asking for a different solution. :-)

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/