Re: [Chicken-users] readline not saving one-char commands to history

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] readline not saving one-char commands to history
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:45:19 +0900

On 10/25/06, Toby Butzon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Dan,

On 10/24/06, Dan <address@hidden > wrote:
> That's right, the latest readline egg doesn't save things like x, f, or +
(on a line by themselves) to the history. Once you type at least two chars
the command is safe though. Is this a feature or (more likely) a bug?

I can't reproduce this problem. Works for me on OS X/Chicken 2.5 and Gentoo
Linux/Chicken 2, Build 2, both using latest readline egg. When was the last
time it did the right thing?

I can't reproduce either, but this is often an intentional feature of readline
in applications, since you don't save any keystrokes using the history
for single character commands.

--
Alex